2/19/09

GENESIS

A long, long time ago in a… Nevermind that has been used already

In the beginning…
Nope think I heard that before somewhere as well.

Once upon a time…This ain’t a fairy tale either.

Anyway, welcome.

At this point, I’m not really sure how this blog is going to evolve, but I can tell you that I primarily plan to share past and present life experiences that I think are entertaining. From family to fantasy (sports that is), I plan to touch on it. There probably isn’t going to be any life lesson to learn and I don’t plan to analyze why people do things. I simply plan to allow you to share in the enjoyment (or laugh at the misery) that is my life.

I’ve been thinking of starting a blog for a few years now. When my wife gave birth for the first time (a set of boy-girl twins) back in 2003, I was laid off from work a week later. So we abruptly changed our plans and I stayed home with the kids for about six months and then began working nights for the next four years or so in order to save on child care bills. It was during this period that I seriously considered a blog as an attempt to share my experiences as a “Daytime Daddy,” but for a number of reasons -- lack of sleep probably being No. 1 -- I didn’t go through with it.

At the time, my parents were really encouraging me to do this, and other family members and friends insisted I had to write down my stories so I wouldn’t forget. I didn’t listen to them and I kind of regret it.

So, now that the kids are older and I have once again rejoined the daily rat race, I have decided to turn my attention to sharing my experiences.

Some stories you will find funny, others probably disturbing, but in the end I hope you are at least a little entertained.

No comments: